1920 Pattillo Memorial Methodist Church organized (formerly Oakhurst Methodist Church, organized in 1909)
1939 Avondale Methodist Church organized (formerly Ingleside Methodist Church, organized in 1910)
1971 July 4, Merger Sunday – Charter was signed for the new church: Avondale Pattillo United Methodist Church. This name was chosen (alphabetically) from the two merged churches - Avondale Methodist and Pattillo Memorial.
1971 October, Ground broken for the Sanctuary and Educational Building.
1972 December, First worship service in the Sanctuary.
1974 Avondale Pattillo UMC Preschool organized / Purchase of Parsonage on Majestic Circle in Avondale Estates
1975 Construction of the Friendship Hall.
1988 Renovation of the Sanctuary
1996 Church marquee purchased and installed
1997 Avondale Pattillo UMC Christian School began. It was open for four years.
1998 Church address changed to reflect the Covington Highway location.
2000 Participated in building of Habitat House in East Lake area of DeKalb County.
2002 International Community School (ICS), a DeKalb County Charter School, began leased the Education Building. We would host ICS for ten years.
2003 First “Blessing of the Animals” Service.
2005 New Sanctuary steeple erected.
2010 Avondale Pattillo UMC annexed into the City of Avondale Estates / Began hosting the Avondale Estates Autumn Yard Sale.
2016 Forty-fifth Anniversary of Avondale Pattillo UMC.
Senior Ministers of APUMC
Rev. J. W. Eberhardt, Sr.: 1971 – 1973
Rev. Charles E. Hoover: 1973 – 1979
Rev. R. Neal Windom: 1979 – 1984
Rev. Hoyt D. Purcell: 1984 – 1986
Rev. David B. Jones: 1986 – 1990
Rev. James D. Turrentine: 1990 – 1994
Rev. Jack E. Summers: 1994 - 1996
Rev. John F. Barnes: 1996 - 2000
Rev. Tavye Morgan: 2000 - 2006
Rev. Donn Ann Weber: 2006 - 2007
Rev. Dave Allen Grady: 2007 - 2011
Rev. Tara Paul: 2011 – 2013
Rev. John P. Donaldson: 2013 – 2017
Rev Frank Windom: 2017 -